Substance addiction can make people in Huntington, CA feel alone and hopeless. Although it may seem unimaginable, substance abusers can overcome their addictions. In 2018, a national survey determined that nearly one million Californians who needed treatment for illicit drug use did not receive treatment. Drug rehab treatment is available. We are ready to help you push back the barriers that keep so many from receiving treatment. Rehabilitation centers have the staff and experience to help substance abusers end the cycle of abuse. Importantly, they specialize in drug and alcohol therapies, and clients receives excellent care. Take the first step to obtaining your goals by contacting us to learn more about treatment options.
What Is Substance Dependency?
Drug use often begins casually, but recreational use often becomes dependency. For many users, substance use becomes substance abuse, which becomes addiction, which becomes substance dependency. Even when a person becomes dependent on drugs, hope is not lost. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, addiction is a chronic disorder that can be treated.
A major reason why people in Huntington Beach, CA continue abusing drugs is the need to avoid unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms only become worse as substance abuse increases in quantity and frequency. Treatment centers address both the physical and psychological dependence that can develop in response to legal or illegal drug and alcohol abuse.
Here is some information about the differences between physical dependency on drugs and the psychological dependency on drugs:
- Physical dependency can be manifested by physical withdrawal symptoms such as vomiting, tremors, sweating, diarrhea, and insomnia.
- Psychological dependency can be manifested by the mental and emotional withdrawal symptoms such as agitation, irritability, anxiety, and depression.
Both physical and psychological dependence are substantial parts of substance abuse and they should be addressed together as a part of a complete treatment plan. Many treatment centers provide the following services:
- group and individual therapy
- organized physical activities
- access to the 12-step community
- aftercare support
- beautiful, luxurious affordable living arrangements
Our programs are also designed according to each client’s personal needs to provide them with the best chance for success. Because all of the numerous treatments are fact-based therapies we are able to find healthy and affordable answers for everyone.
What Is Drug Rehab?
During rehab, substance abusers generally have the opportunity to do the following:
- withdraw from their drug of abuse
- participate in various kinds of counseling that help the person understand problems
- analyze their excuses for using
- learn to prevent relapses and temptation
Effective rehabilitation centers serving people in the Huntington Beach, CA area treat each part of rehabilitation, including the following elements of rehabilitation:
- During the assessment stage, the patients are asked several questions. They are asked if they are under the influence of drugs and alcohol right now and asked about their history with drug and alcohol abuse. It is important for substance abusers to be forthcoming in their answers. This allows the medical professionals have a clear idea of the extent of the addiction.
- Medical care
- The patient then receives medical care, which is based on the medical state they are in when they arrive.
- Drug and alcohol testing
- The patient is tested for drugs and alcohol to determine what kind of detoxing services they would need.
- Patients often have the opportunity to participate in individual therapy and group therapy.
- Patients are educated about addiction and often given instruction about the 12-step process.
- Life skills coaching
- Patients practice and learn life skills and executive functioning to help them prepare to reenter their circumstances.
- Relapse prevention coaching
- Patients receive training to help them know how to stay sober.
The highest quality rehabilitation centers take all of the best parts of inpatient treatment (24-hour supervision and clinical personnel) and outpatient treatment (access to real world situations and off-site self-help group meetings) and combines them into one amazing program.
Contact us for More Information
For additional details concerning drug rehab centers, the effects of drug abuse, or substance abuse in general, please contact our recovery specialists at 657-298-4892!