Suicide statistics are scary and made even more so when you combine drugs and alcohol. Find out the dangers that creep around for drug abusers and suicide risk.
Facts and Statistics
- Suicide in the 10th leading cause of death in the United States
- 38,364 Americans committed suicide in 2010
- Men represent 78.8% of all U.S. suicides
- Men are 4x more likely than women to die from suicide
- 20% of suicides involve people with alcohol problems
- 90% of people who commit suicide have a mental disorder, substance abuse problem or both